There will be many households this year that will be passing around various winter bugs with their share of fevers, aches, sniffles, sneezes and coughs.
The natural diy recipe for getting better in our house is lots of homemade, pasture-raised chicken broth, Netflix videos, and one or two of my favorite homemade sore throat and cold remedies. This natural homemade honey ginger throat salve is fast and simple to make, and it works quickly to soothe sore and scratchy throats.
Try These Other Remedies…
- 1 2-inch knob fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp raw honey (Do not give honey to infants under the age of 1.)
- Peel, then finely grate ginger into a small bowl.
- Squeeze grated ginger through a fine mesh sieve (or just use your fingers) to release about 1 teaspoon of juice. Discard pulp.
- Mix the teaspoon of fresh ginger juice thoroughly into the tablespoon of honey.
- Take the syrup right away, swallowing slowly and deliberately.
- Take 2-3 times a day, as needed to soothe sore throat and dry coughing.
Calories: 65kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Sugar: 17g
Originally From: Source link